Taylor Kitsch, Judd Apatow to Be Feted at CinemaCon
The gathering of theater owners gets under way April 23 in Las Vegas.
Taylor Kitsch and Judd Apatow are the latest honorees to be added to CinemaCon's lineup for its April 26 awards gala. The annual gathering of theater owners gets under way April 23 at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas.
Kitsch -- the star of Universal's summer tentpole Battleship -- will receive the CinemaCon Male Star of Tomorrow Award, while Apatow has been tapped for the Cinema Award of Excellence in Filmmaking.
CinemaCon general manager Mitch Neuhauser praised both men in announcing the awards.
"Judd Apatow has written, directed and or produced many this moviegoing generation's most memorable and entertaining comedies," he said. "Having impressed television audiences with his engrossing portrayal of a troubled Texas high school fullback in Friday Night Lights, Taylor Kitsch continues to dive into each assigned role with an incredible passion that shines through all of his work."
Kitsch is having a busy year at the box office. He starred in this spring's John Carter and also will be seen this summer in Oliver Stone's Savages.
Apatow is next in theaters in December with This Is 40, the first feature he's directed since Funny People in 2009.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10