Cannes 2012: Taylor Lautner Sets His Sights on Parkour Thriller 'Tracers'
Glen Basner's FilmNation will launch the project at the Cannes Film Market, which gets underway this week.
CANNES -- Taylor Lautner will star in director Daniel Benmayor's action-thriller Tracers for Temple Hill Entertainment.
FilmNation Entertainment will shop the project at the Marche du Film in Cannes, which gets underway this week. WME is representing domestic rights.
Lautner is no stranger to Temple Hill; Marty Bowen and Wyck Godfrey's company produced the blockbuster Twilight franchise.
In Tracers, Lautner plays a hot New York City bicycle messenger who is debt to an organized crime gang. When he crashes his bike into a sexy stranger, he's immediately seduced by her and the thrill of the world of Parkour.
At Cannes, Glen Basner's FilmNation is also selling Sofia Coppola's The Bling Ring. The company also has two films playing in competition at the Cannes Film Festival -- Lawless and Jeff Nichols' Mud, which FilmNation's Aaron Ryder produced. Mud stars Matthew McConaughey and Reese Witherspoon. Lawless stars Shia LeBeouf and Tom Hardy.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Jem & the Holograms' Leading Cast Revealed: Aubrey Peeples, Stefanie Scott, & More!
- Novak Djokovic Expecting First Child with Fiancee Jelena Ristic!
- Suki Waterhouse Gets Leggy at the Burberry Shanghai Launch with Cara Delevingne
- Isabel Lucas is Picture Perfect with Jim Sturgess at Tribeca Film Fest!