Taylor Lautner Interview Question Leads to Apology from GQ
The Australian edition of the magazine came under fire after asking the "Breaking Dawn" star if Gus Van Sant and Dustin Lance Black had made a pass at him.
The magazine published an interview which mentions a dinner in Los Angeles that the Breaking Dawn star had with director Gus Van Sant and writer Dustin Lance Black. The interviewer asked Lautner if the two gay men had made a pass at him.
"No, definitely not," Lautner replied. "I think they know I'm straight. But they're great guys. They're a lot of fun. It's not a coincidence that there was a writer, a director, and an actor at dinner."
Black, who won an Oscar for Best Original Screenplay for 2008's Milk, took to his blog to express his anger with the publication. "Above and beyond this clear attack on my character, I'm shocked that GQ would allow their writer to lean on the scurrilous, outdated stereotype that gay men are by nature sexual predators," he wrote. "I mean, would you have asked this same question if it were Diablo Cody and Kathryn Bigelow at dinner with Mr. Lautner?”
The magazine later issued an apology on its Facebook page:
"We've seen some of the comments floating around regarding our recent interview with Taylor Lautner and apologise if anyone was offended by anything in the article,” the statement reads. “It certainly wasn't our intention to paint anyone in the story as a sexual predator.”
"The point we were actually trying to push was that Taylor is irresistible to virtually everyone — regardless of sexuality or gender. Hence the film crew cheering at his shirtless scenes while shooting Twilight, and Mark Wahlberg deeming him better looking than Leonardo DiCaprio."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Lindsay Lohan Misses Her AA Meeting, Blames Paparazzi On Premiere Of OWN Series (VIDEO)
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed