Fake Taylor Lautner Coming Out Cover Story Hits Web
A mock-up of a People magazine cover proclaiming the "Twilight" star is "Out & Proud" hit the Internet Dec. 26.
An image of what looked like a leaked People magazine cover touting Taylor Lautner as being "Out & Proud" hit the web Monday, Dec. 26.
But, the cover, which was dated Jan. 7, 2012, was revealed as a fake.
That didn't stop the fake, which features a solo Lauther, touting the "Exclusive" story, from creating buzz on the Internet though.
"Tired of rumors, the Twilight star opens up about his decision to finaly come out. 'I'm more liberated, and happier than I've ever been,'" the cover's copy proclaimed.
But, a spokesperson for People magazine told Gossip Cop that the story was "absolutely fake."
Producer Russell Simmons was fooled by the the fake, tweeting, "proud of Taylor Lautner for his bravery and his courage." He later responded to being duped, saying, " Disappointed that people would joke about someone coming out about their sexuality. Let Taylor Lautner be whoever he wants to be..."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)