Taylor Lautner's 'Abduction' to Be Lionsgate's First Early-Release VOD Test
The film will become available on VOD for as little as $6.99 three months after its late September release.
NEW YORK - Lionsgate plans to use Taylor Lautner's Abduction for its first early-release VOD test, Bloomberg News reported.
The studio will make the film, which hits theaters on Sept. 23, available on VOD three months after its release, according to Bloomberg. Other studios have been using a 60 days window for their early-release trials in the so-called premium VOD window.
According to Bloomberg, Abduction will be offered for $6.99 in standard definition and $7.99 in HD, well below the typical early release prices of around $30.
Lionsgate is looking to make the movie available to all pay TV VOD providers, as well as the online operations of such retailers as Wal-Mart for about 10 days beginning Dec. 23, ahead of the DVD release in January, the report said.
Studios earlier this year launched premium VOD trials with DirecTV.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR