Taylor Momsen Hinted About ‘Gossip Girl’ Exit
She and Jessica Szohr won’t be back for the CW show’s fifth season.
By now, Gossip Girl fans know Taylor Momsen and Jessica Szohr won’t be back for the CW show’s fifth season.
But the news shouldn’t come as much of a surprise.
A month ago, Momsen – a rocker in the band Pretty Reckless – told MTV News she was unsure she would reprise her role as Jenny Humphrey (Momsen has been M.I.A. im many recent episodes).
"We don’t even know if we're picked up for the next season," she said. "So don’t plan on seeing Jenny anytime soon, but in the future who knows? "What I will say ... the show is being very, very supportive of the band, and you physically can't do both at the same time. I can't be on set and then in France touring or wherever. So they're writing me out of story lines and allowing me to tour, and I really have to thank them for that, so you won't see me for a while."
But don’t fret, Gossip Girl fans: People.com reports both stars may make guest appearances in season 5.
Actress Kaylee DeFer, who joined the cast last season as Serena’s cousin, Charlie, has been promoted to a series regular, according to Access Hollywood. The show’s main stars – Blake Lively (Serena), Leighton Meester (Blair) Penn Badgley (Dan), Ed Westwick (Chuck) and Chace Crawford (Nate) – will all be returning for the show’s fifth season.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack