Taylor Swift Postpones Concert Dates Due to Illness
This weekend's Charlotte and Atlanta dates have been rescheduled for the fall.
Taylor Swift has postponed a handful of concert dates due to illness.
Swift, who has bronchitis, has been advised by her doctor not to perform this week. The 21-year-old country singer will resume her current tour on Thursday, July 14 in Montreal.
“It breaks my heart to miss out on this weekend’s shows with my friends in Charlotte and Atlanta,” said Swift. “I would never cancel if I thought I was physically able to perform these shows. I am so sorry to the fans, but I look forward to seeing you when we come back through your towns, which we will do.”
Originally scheduled for Friday, the Charlotte, NC show has been rescheduled for Wednesday, Nov. 16. Swift's two-date stop in Atlanta, originally set for Saturday and Sunday, will now take place Saturday, Oct. 1 and Sunday, Oct. 2.
Swift had canceled her Louisville show, originally scheduled for Saturday, July 2, because of sickness. It has been rescheduled for Tuesday, Oct. 11.
Swift is currently on tour in suport of her latest album, Speak Now, and is in the middle of a 98-show, 17-country trek this year. Speak Now sold more than 1 million copies its first week in stores last year.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer, 'X-Men' Director, Calls Suit A 'Sick, Twisted Shakedown'
- The Club 47 Folk Revival Explores the Iconic History of Old Cambridge Folk Club
- Jack Kilmer Talks 'Palo Alto,' His Acting Career And Growing Up With Famous Parents
- Lupita Nyong'o and America's Complicated Relationship With Beauty