Taylor Swift Postpones Concert Dates Due to Illness
This weekend's Charlotte and Atlanta dates have been rescheduled for the fall.
Taylor Swift has postponed a handful of concert dates due to illness.
Swift, who has bronchitis, has been advised by her doctor not to perform this week. The 21-year-old country singer will resume her current tour on Thursday, July 14 in Montreal.
“It breaks my heart to miss out on this weekend’s shows with my friends in Charlotte and Atlanta,” said Swift. “I would never cancel if I thought I was physically able to perform these shows. I am so sorry to the fans, but I look forward to seeing you when we come back through your towns, which we will do.”
Originally scheduled for Friday, the Charlotte, NC show has been rescheduled for Wednesday, Nov. 16. Swift's two-date stop in Atlanta, originally set for Saturday and Sunday, will now take place Saturday, Oct. 1 and Sunday, Oct. 2.
Swift had canceled her Louisville show, originally scheduled for Saturday, July 2, because of sickness. It has been rescheduled for Tuesday, Oct. 11.
Swift is currently on tour in suport of her latest album, Speak Now, and is in the middle of a 98-show, 17-country trek this year. Speak Now sold more than 1 million copies its first week in stores last year.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR