Taylor Swift Sells Out First Tour Dates In Minutes
Venue owners coast-to-coast are cheering as the first dates for Taylor Swift's "Speak Now" tour go on sale. The country star sold out two shows at L.A.'s Staples Center in two minutes, while her June 25 stop at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Mass. (capacity: 68,000) filled within five minutes.Seven more sell-outs followed, all on the heels of a record-breaking run for her third album Speak Now, which sold over a million copies in its first week out. The high demand for Swift's tour prompted venues to add additional shows, including two at Staples on Aug. 27 and 28. The full Messina Group/AEG tour runs for 90 shows in 19 countries, starting February 9 in Singapore. A full list of tour dates appears on Swift's official website.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR