TCA: Alec Baldwin Will Stay with '30 Rock'
Though the show itself hasn't been formally renewed, NBC's Bob Greenblatt said the actor "quietly re-upped" last fall.
Despite comments to the contrary, Alec Baldwin will remain with comedy 30 Rock.
NBC Entertianment Chairman Bob Greenblatt addressed the fate of the Emmy-winning actor, whose contract is up at the end of this season, following his Television Critics Association panel Friday. "We have Alec for next season," he told a scrum gathered on stage, revealing that NBC had "quietly re-upped" the actor this past fall.
The show, which hasn't yet been formally renewed for a seventh season, will return to its Thursday night slot next week. Despite its historic struggles in the ratings, the long-running comedy has long been an awards magnet for the network.
Email: Lacey.Rose@THR.com; Twitter: @LaceyVRose
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game