TCA Taps Nick Offerman To Host Awards Show
The "Parks and Recreation" actor follows names such as Dax Shepard and Bill Maher as host of the annual event.
The Television Critics Association has announced Nick Offerman will host the 27th Annual Television Critics Association (TCA) Awards, which take place August 6th in Beverly Hills.
The comedic actor, best known for his work on Parks and Recreation, will serve as master-of-ceremonies at the event, serving up the invitation-only audience his self-described “corn-fed” style of humor.
"Nick Offerman's quick wit and easy style fits in perfectly with the tone of the TCA Awards, which is a low-key, non-televised event," said TCA President Susan Young. "It's a relaxed atmosphere where those honored can mingle with the writers who appreciate the work that goes into making great television."
The Chicago native said he was honored in a release announcing the hosting duties Friday.
“I am mighty flattered to be invited to speak in front of a crowd like this,” he said. “The last time I was awarded such a privilege was in front of the Eagle Scouts disciplinary board.”
Offerman follows in the footsteps of names such as Dax Shepard, who served as the host last year, and Conan O’Brien, Craig Ferguson, Bill Maher, Drew Carey and Wanda Sykes, all of whom have hosted the awards show in years past.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR