Tech Billionaires Saw Net Worth Soar in 2013 (Report)
Mark Zuckerberg and Google founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin were among those who posted gains, according to Bloomberg's Billionaires Index.
Some of Hollywood's favorite moguls saw their net worth soar in 2013.
Tesla CEO Elon Musk, Facebook head Mark Zuckerberg and Google founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin all posted increases, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, a daily ranking of the world's 300 wealthiest individuals.
Musk, head of the electric-car company popular with stars like Morgan Freeman and will.i.am, had the biggest percentage gain in his net worth by a self-made billionaire, a 233 percent boost. The billionaire added $5.6 billion to his fortune.
Zuckerberg saw the biggest dollar increase among tech billionaires, adding $12.4 billion to his net worth. Page and Brin, meanwhile, added roughly $10 billion each to their net worth.
Overall, the world's 300 wealthiest individuals added $524 billion to their collective net worth, according to the index, with their aggregate net worth standing at $3.7 trillion as of the close of trading on Dec. 31. Tech billionaires did particularly well, with the fortunes of the sector's richest increasing by 28 percent. Only 70 of Bloomberg's 300 billionaires posted a net loss for 2013.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR