'Ted' Spawns Naughty Talking Bear
You too can live with a potty-mouthed teddy bear.
Piggybacking on the $230 million-and-counting box office success of Seth MacFarlane's raunchy comedy Ted, producer Media Rights Capital and Universal will introduce a line of talking Ted plush bears this fall. The 8-inch bear costs $14, followed by $34.99 for a 16-inch model and $59.99 for a 24-inch version. The fuzzy friend speaks 10 MacFarlane-voiced lines from the film, including "C'mere ya bastard," "i didn't know you had a baby, is it alive?" and "you know what i'd like to do to her? Something i call a Dirty Fozzie." As part of a rare merchandising push for an r-rated comedy, licensing partner Striker Entertainment will place the bears (and other Ted merchandise) in young-skewing retail chains, including Urban Outfitters, Hot Topic and FyE (online retailer CafePress already has started taking orders). Says Jonathan Golfman, MrC vp business and legal affairs: "We'd probably have a hard time getting into Walmart."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Grant Gustin Is Proud & Stoked to Wear 'Flash' Costume!
- Angelina Jolie Reveals She Will Have Another Preventative Cancer Surgery
- Shailene Woodley Slams 'Twilight' to 'Teen Vogue': It's About An Unhealthy, Toxic Relationship
- Sarah Michelle Gellar & James Wolk Are 'The Crazy Ones' at Hall of Fame Gala!