'Ted' Spawns Naughty Talking Bear
You too can live with a potty-mouthed teddy bear.
Piggybacking on the $230 million-and-counting box office success of Seth MacFarlane's raunchy comedy Ted, producer Media Rights Capital and Universal will introduce a line of talking Ted plush bears this fall. The 8-inch bear costs $14, followed by $34.99 for a 16-inch model and $59.99 for a 24-inch version. The fuzzy friend speaks 10 MacFarlane-voiced lines from the film, including "C'mere ya bastard," "i didn't know you had a baby, is it alive?" and "you know what i'd like to do to her? Something i call a Dirty Fozzie." As part of a rare merchandising push for an r-rated comedy, licensing partner Striker Entertainment will place the bears (and other Ted merchandise) in young-skewing retail chains, including Urban Outfitters, Hot Topic and FyE (online retailer CafePress already has started taking orders). Says Jonathan Golfman, MrC vp business and legal affairs: "We'd probably have a hard time getting into Walmart."
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR