Ted Turner Praises Mitt Romney, Despite Differing Views (Video)
Speaking with Piers Morgan on the cable network he founded 32 years ago, the mogul says the Republican would "make a good president."
Ted Turner, the Mouth of the South known politically for his diehard liberalism for the past several decades, said presumptive Republican nominee Mitt Romney would “make a good president.”
Speaking to Piers Morgan on CNN Thursday night, Turner said he hasn’t officially “endorsed” a candidate since he founded CNN in 1980, but he doesn’t mind talking about them.
“I would say about Mitt Romney, I think he’s a real gentleman,” Turner said. “I think he’s been very successful, I think he’s really smart. I don’t agree with everything that he believes, but I agree with a lot of it, and I think that he’d probably make a good president.”
Turner also reminisced about the fateful merger of AOL and Time Warner, after which he lost “$10 million a day for three years, counting holidays.”
“It felt bad,” he said. “But I stayed at the company, and stayed on the board of directors to try and mitigate the losses as much as I possibly could, to do what I could to help, and as a result I lost even more because, when the stockholders sued the company, I wasn’t part of that suit because I was on the board, and that cost me several hundred million dollars. But I have my honor. I had my honor at the end of it, which not everybody in the media business can say.”
Watch video of both segments below.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Captain America' Conquers Box Office For Third Straight Week
- Jordin Sparks' Wears A Bikini To The Opening Of Tao Beach, Jason Derulo Joins Her In Gym Clothes
- Watch Bruce Springsteen Cover Van Morrison's 'Brown Eyed Girl'
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Justin Bartha & Lia Smith Reportedly Welcome Baby Girl!
- Idina Menzel Sings 'Take Me or Leave Me' with Two Lucky Fans for Charity - Watch Now!
- Vanessa Hudgens Sees Hearts While Dancing at Coachella!
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress