Teen Choice Awards 2012 Preview: 5 Things to Know
"The X Factor's" Demi Lovato and "Glee's" Kevin McHale will co-host and Justin Bieber is expected to perform during the show, airing Sunday night on Fox.
Teens will honor their favorite stars in several categories, from choice movie romance to choice break-up song, at the 2012 Teen Choice Awards, airing Sunday night on Fox.
Here are five things to know about the 14th annual awards show:
1. Demi Lovato and Kevin McHale are co-hosting. Both are Fox personalities: Lovato joined the network's The X Factor as a judge for its upcoming season, alongside Simon Cowell, Antonio "L.A." Reid and fellow newcomer Britney Spears, while McHale is familiar to Glee fans as the wheelchair-bound Artie.
2. The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1 and Snow White and the Huntsman lead the nominations. Both movies scored seven noms -- and both also happen to star Kristen Stewart, who also is nominated for multiple awards, including choice movie romance actress. The Vampire Diaries leads the TV nominees with six.
3. New categories were added this year. Awards will be handed out for the first time in the categories of choice summer song, choice book and choice electronic dance music artist. Last year's new category of choice vampire has been eliminated for this year's show.
4. Justin Bieber is among the scheduled performers. Others include Carly Rae Jepsen, who boasts Bieber as her mentor; Flo Rida; No Doubt; and Jersey Shore's DJ Pauly D, who will serve as “choice” DJ for the night.
5. Winners will have to make a lot of room in their homes for the trophies. The trophies are actually lifesize surfboards, so if, say, Justin Bieber were to win all eight categories in which he's nominated, he'd need some serious space in which to store them all.
The awards show airs live at 8-10 p.m. Sunday (tape-delayed on the West Coast) from the Gibson Amphitheatre in University City, Calif.