Tele München Gruppe’s Herbert Kloiber Named As Fourth Brandon Tartikoff Award Honoree for 2013
The veteran of 40 years leading one of Germany’s largest media companies joins John Langley, Debra Lee and Steven Levitan as honorees. The awards will be presented Jan. 29 during NATPE.
The 10th Annual Tartikoff Awards have added Herbert Kloiber, Chairman of Tele München Gruppe, as the fourth honoree when the awards are presented January 29th during the 2013 NATPE Market & Conference.
He joins three previously announced honorees -- reality television producer John Langley, BET Networks Chairman and CEO Debra Lee and “Modern Family” creator and executive producer Steven Levitan.
Kloiber has built his company based in Germany over the past 40 years into a major media company with one of the largest television and film libraries in Europe. His company also distributes feature films, TV productions and classical music programs, many of which it produces.
Kloiber is also Chairman of the Board of CineMedia Film AG and a Member of the Board of Odeon Film AG. Since 2007 he has served as an Honorary Professor and head of the Department of Production and Media Economics at the Hochschule für Fernsehen und Film Munich.
"He has built an extraordinary company whose longevity in the entertainment business is incredible,” said Rod Perth, WHO HE. “Coupled with John's creative vision that catalyzed an entire genre of unscripted programming, Debra's passionate advocacy on behalf of the cable business, and Steven's keen eye and deft touch with family comedy, this group represents what Brandon championed in television."
The Brandon Tartikoff Legacy Award recognizes television professionals who exhibit extraordinary passion, leadership, independence and vision in the process of creating television programming, according to NATPE.
"For 10 years NATPE has continued to keep alive Brandon's love for TV with this award," said Lilly Tartikoff. "Herbert, Steven, John and Debra embody the spirit and joy for the business that were his hallmark."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10