'Telephone' sets record for Gaga, Beyonce
Duet ties singers with Mariah Carey for most No. 1s
With a 2-1 rise for "Telephone," Lady Gaga and the track's featured artist Beyonce have tied the record for most No. 1s since the Nielsen BDS-based radio airplay chart launched in 1992. The pair joins Mariah Carey, who tallied six toppers between 1993 and 2005. Lady Gaga and Beyonce pass Avril Lavigne, Pink, Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake, each with five No. 1s.
Beyonce first led Pop Songs with "Crazy in Love" in 2003, while Lady Gaga first appeared on the chart just 16 months ago. The latter performer, in fact, has yet to fall short of the survey's summit, reaching No. 1 on her first six tries.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR