Televisa Looking to Provide English-Language Content
Televisa president Emilio Azcarraga said his network is pushing to supply English-language content for a new Univision-ABC News joint venture.
MEXICO CITY -- Televisa president Emilio Azcarraga said his network is aiming to provide English-language content for a new channel that brings together its U.S. partner Univision and ABC News.
Interviewed on a Televisa news program Monday night, Azcarraga said the new channel will allow Univision to expand beyond the Spanish-language realm and become more competitive in the general market.
Azcarraga also said Mexico's top network is going to up its digital offerings of soccer content ahead of the 2014 World Cup in Rio de Janeiro. The network is set to launch a social media platform that focuses on all things futbol.
Additionally, there's a Televisa project in the works to present a new digital channel that will be created, produced and directed by young people.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR