Telus lands Hale to run content side
TORONTO -- Canadian phone giant Telus Corp. said Tuesday that it has hired veteran new-media executive Maria Hale to head its content division.
Hale, most recently vp content business development at Toronto-based domestic broadcaster Chum Television, becomes vp content at Telus as it seeks new content for its emerging phone, TV and Internet service offerings.
While at Chum, Hale generated a variety of new interactive media streams including licensing agreements with Joost and Reeltime.com.
At Telus, she will oversee a 35-strong content development division based in Toronto, reporting to Robert Blumenthal, Telus' senior vp products and services.
Before joining Chum in 1999, Hale worked at the Web portal Excite Canada and TMP Worldwide, a directory and recruitment agency.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR