Temple Street hires British drama exec
Kerry Appleyard named head of drama development
TORONTO -- Newly tied-up with BBC Worldwide, Canadian producer Temple Street Productions has hired former Kudos Film and Television executive Kerry Appleyard as its new head of drama development.
Appleyard, who managed Kudos' drama slate since 2005, joins Toronto-based Temple Street after BBC Worldwide acquired a minority stake to secure a Canadian home for its TV formats.
In return, BBC Worldwide gains access to Temple Street's original series and formats for international distribution.
Appleyard, whose credits include "The Bill" and "Hustle," joins Temple Street as Canadian producers achieve recent status as co-producers of U.S. network crime dramas such as CBS' "Flashpoint" and NBC's "The Listener."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR