TF1 Orders Sixth Season of 'Totally Spies!'
Nickelodeon in Europe is among the broadcasters buying up the animated series about a trio of Beverly Hills coeds who become secret agents.
COLOGNE, Germany – France's TF1 has renewed the hit animation series Totally Spies! for a sixth season and buyers across Europe and Asia have snatched up the French-made cartoon.
Zodiak Kids - the French group whose subsidiary Marathon Media produces Totally Spies! - said it has sold the show's sixth season to multiple networks including Nickelodeon for German-speaking Europe, Benelux, the Nordic territories, CIS, South East Asia and Africa and the Disney channel for French pay TV.
Zodiak Kids will launch the sixth season of Totally Spies! at industry confab Mipcom Junior in Cannes in October. The show launched at the event back in 2002 and has been on air ever since. It ranks as the longest-running French animated series with 156 episodes in the can. Totally Spies! airs on the Cartoon Network in the U.S.
The girl-power plot of Totally Spies! follows three Beverly Hills coeds who becomes secret agents for the international group WHOOP (World Organization Of Human Protection).
The series has become a multimedia phenomonon, with some 210,000 Facebook fans and more than 4 million registered users for the Totally Spies! online role playing game. A feature film based on the series was released in 2009.
Marathon Media produces the series for TF1 with Zodiak Kids handling all television rights.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!
- Lupita Nyong'o Hugs Stylist Micaela Erlanger for THR's Top Stylists Issue, Kristen Stewart & More Featured!
- Leslie Mann Supports PaleyFest Icon Award Honoree Judd Apatow!
- Cara Delevingne & Kate Moss Team Up for New Burberry Fragrance Campaign!