Thai Director Apichatpong Weerasethakul To Head Venice's Orizzonti Jury
Italian directors Carlo Mazzacurati and Roberta Torre will head juries of other Venice sidebars.
COLOGNE, Germany - Thai director Apichatpong Weerasethakul, whose last feature, Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives, won the Palme d'Or in Cannes last year, will head up the jury for the Venice Film Festival's Orizzonti (Horizons) sidebar. The section focuses on cutting edge cinema and films made in non-standard formats. Weerasethakul is no stranger to Venice, having competed in the festival's main section with his Syndromes and a Century in 2006.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR