Thandie Newton Reteaming With Tyler Perry for 'Good Deeds'
The actress, who worked with Perry in last year's "For Colored Girls," will play a single mom who catches the eye of Perry's character in the romantic drama.
Thandie Newton is set to star opposite Tyler Perry in Lionsgate's Good Deeds, which will find her reteaming with Perry, with whom she worked in last year's For Colored Girls.
In the romantic drama, Perry plays the title character, Glen Deeds, who's all set to be married to an uptown girl when he finds himself drawn to a single mom, played by Newton.
Perry is writing, directing and starring in the project, which is being produced by his Tyler Perry Studios as well as Lionsgate.
Newton, repped by WME, Untitled Entertainment and the U.K.'s Independent Talent, most recently completed The Retreat, starring Jamie Bell and Cillian Murphy.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram