Phase 4 Acquires Anne Heche Comedy 'That's What She Said'
The Carrie Preston-directed film also stars Marcia DeBonis and Alia Shawkat.
Phase 4 Films has acquired U.S. and Canadian rights to Carrie Preston’s comedy That’s What She Said, starring Anne Heche, Marcia DeBonis and Alia Shawkat.
The film, which was written by Kellie Overbey and had its world premiere at the Sundance Film Festival in January, follows three friends through a series of misadventures in New York City. It was produced by Preston, Joshua Astrachan, Lucy Barzun Donnelly and Mona Panchal.
Phase 4 will release the film day-and-date in theaters and on VOD later this year. “That’s What She Said is part of the current wave of female-driven raunch comedies, with a trio of relatable anti-heroines behaving badly,” Barry Meyerowitz, president and CEO of Phase 4, said.
The deal was negotiated at the SXSW Film Festival by Phase 4’s Larry Greenberg and Katharyn Howe with Submarine’s Josh Braun, repping the filmmakers.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR