'The Great Gatsby' to Open Dec. 25, 2012, Leonardo DiCaprio's Second Christmas Day Film
DiCaprio starrer 'Django Unlimited,' from director Quentin Tarantino, also set to open Dec. 25, 2012..
Warner Bros. announced Friday it will release Baz Luhrmann's Leonardo DiCaprio starrer The Great Gatsby on Dec. 25, 2012 -- the same day DiCaprio's Django Unchained is scheduled to hit theaters.
It's unusual to have two films starring the same actor launching on the same date, but since Dec. 25, 2012, is more than a year away, the Christmas Day calendar could change.
Great Gatsby, based on F. Scott Fitzgerald's classic novel, stars DiCaprio as Jay Gatsby, Carey Mulligan as Daisy Buchanan and Tobey Maguire as Nick Carraway. Joel Edgerton, Isla Fisher, Jason Clarke, Amitabh Bachchan and Elizabeth Debicki also star.
Luhrmann is currently shooting the film in Australia; Quentin Tarantino's Western Django, from Dimension Pictures, hasn't started production yet.
The 1974 film The Great Gatsby was directed by Jack Clayton and starred Robert Redford, Mia Farrow, Bruce Dern, Karen Black, Scott Wilson and Sam Waterston.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama