'The Great Gatsby' to Open Dec. 25, 2012, Leonardo DiCaprio's Second Christmas Day Film
DiCaprio starrer 'Django Unlimited,' from director Quentin Tarantino, also set to open Dec. 25, 2012..
Warner Bros. announced Friday it will release Baz Luhrmann's Leonardo DiCaprio starrer The Great Gatsby on Dec. 25, 2012 -- the same day DiCaprio's Django Unchained is scheduled to hit theaters.
It's unusual to have two films starring the same actor launching on the same date, but since Dec. 25, 2012, is more than a year away, the Christmas Day calendar could change.
Great Gatsby, based on F. Scott Fitzgerald's classic novel, stars DiCaprio as Jay Gatsby, Carey Mulligan as Daisy Buchanan and Tobey Maguire as Nick Carraway. Joel Edgerton, Isla Fisher, Jason Clarke, Amitabh Bachchan and Elizabeth Debicki also star.
Luhrmann is currently shooting the film in Australia; Quentin Tarantino's Western Django, from Dimension Pictures, hasn't started production yet.
The 1974 film The Great Gatsby was directed by Jack Clayton and starred Robert Redford, Mia Farrow, Bruce Dern, Karen Black, Scott Wilson and Sam Waterston.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10