TIFF 2012: Paul Thomas Anderson's 'The Master' to Play Toronto Fest
Festival artistic director Cameron Bailey tweets that the drama, which debuts in Venice, will also screen in Toronto.
With the Toronto International Film Festival poised to announce a new batch of galas and special screenings on Aug. 14, artistic director Cameron Bailey took to Twitter Monday to announce that one of those films will be Paul Thomas Anderson’s eagerly-awaited The Master.
“Because @drdotson & so many others asked, YES, #TIFF12 will screen Paul Thomas Anderson’s The Master. In 70mm, y’all,” Bailey tweeted Monday afternoon.
The Master, starring Philip Seymour Hoffman, Joaquin Phoenix and Amy Adams, and said to be inspired by the early days of Scientology, will have its world premiere at the Venice International Film Festival on Sept. 1 before moving on to Toronto, where TIFF kicks off on Sept. 6.
The Weinstein Co. is releasing the film domestically Sept. 14
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Matt Bomer Talks 'Fifty Shades' Casting Rumors, Wants to Return for 'Magic Mike XXL'!
- Taylor Swift & Sarah Hyland See an Off-Broadway Play Together!
- Hilary Duff Treats Herself to a Vegan Dinner at Crossroads!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Express Sadness Over Death of Camilla Parker Bowles' Brother