'The Office' Head Writer Inks Overall Deal at ABC Studios
News of Daniel Chun's pact comes mere weeks after fellow "Office" writer Mindy Kaling had a comedy project ordered to series at Fox.
The Office’s Daniel Chun has inked an overall deal with ABC Studios.
As part of the arrangement, The Office head writer and co-executive producer will be tasked with developing and producing comedy projects for the studio both as a writer and producer.
Said the studio’s svp and head of creative development Patrick Moran: “We’re continuing to strengthen our comedy roster, and getting Danny to add his unique voice to our team is a real coup for us.”
The news of Chun signing such a pact with a rival studio to The Office’s Universal Television comes mere weeks after his fellow Office writer and star Mindy Kaling had her comedy project ordered to series at Fox. If the latter is ultimately picked up to series, Kaling, whose Universal Television deal expires in June, is expected to depart the long-running NBC series and focus instead on the new effort.
Prior to The Office, Chun spent several years writing for Fox’s The Simpons, a gig that earned him a WGA nomination.
Email: Lacey.Rose@THR.com; Twitter: @LaceyVRose
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!
- Lupita Nyong'o Hugs Stylist Micaela Erlanger for THR's Top Stylists Issue, Kristen Stewart & More Featured!
- Leslie Mann Supports PaleyFest Icon Award Honoree Judd Apatow!
- Cara Delevingne & Kate Moss Team Up for New Burberry Fragrance Campaign!