Theo Kingma Elected President of Hollywood Foreign Press Association
The Amsterdam native was previously executive secretary of the organization.
The Hollywood Foreign Press Association has elected Theo Kingma as its new president for 2013-14, the organization announced Tuesday.
Elections were held Monday. The Amsterdam-born Kingma, an HFPA member for the past 20 years, was executive secretary for two years and a member of the board of directors for four.
"I am proud of the HFPA members for giving me this incredible opportunity to lead our organization and further our journalistic efforts," Kingma said in a statement. "I look forward to a unified and productive year."
Kingma embarked on a career in the Hollywood film industry after working as a production assistant on such movies as Robert Altman's Vincent & Theo (1990). He has worked as a staff photographer for publications in Germany, Australia and his native Netherlands.
Also elected to HFPA offices: Lorenzo Soria (vice president) Lilly Lui (executive secretary) and Meher Tatna (treasurer). The newly minted board comprises Yoram Kahana (chairman), Vera Anderson, Luca Celada, Helen Hoehne and Dr. Aida Takla-O'Reilly.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR