Thia Megia 'Devastated' After 'American Idol' Elimination
12:42 PM PDT 4/1/2011 by Mark Cina
"I wanted this so bad," she says.
American Idol contestant Thia Megia is still sad after being eliminated on Thursday's show."I wanted this so bad, but, since everyone else is so incredible, you prepare yourself for whatever happens," she told reporters during a conference call Friday. "I didn't really know what to feel, to be honest." Megia, 16, who was sent home along with contestant Naima Adedapo, admitted she felt "a bit devastated" after her name was called. "But I didn't cry for more than 15 minutes." She said she knows it doesn't mean her music career is over. "I told myself that things happen for a reason, and, from all the exposure I've gotten on the show, this is definitely not the end of the road," she said. "This is my chance to show America that I don't just sing ballads and I can do so much more. I love to sing any kind of song from any type of genre." She will soon embark on the Idol tour and plans "to sing more songs that we haven't been able to on the show. Said Megia, "It's really not the end, we're all going to see each other in a couple of weeks."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR