Fox Trims Chelsea Handler Sex Jokes in 'This Means War' to Get PG-13 Rating
The news comes after the Classification and Rating Appeals Board on Thursday upheld the R rating for the film, which stars Reese Witherspoon, Chris Pine and Tom Hardy.
Moving quickly, 20th Century Fox has agreed to trim several sexual jokes from McG's This Means War in order to secure a PG-13 rating.
On Thursday, the Classification and Rating Appeals Board upheld the R rating assigned to the film, which opens on Valentine's Day and headlines Reese Witherspoon, Chris Pine and Tom Hardy.
Fox quickly agreed to make the necessary cuts -- which involve several lewd jokes made by Chelsea Handler's character -- in order to receive a PG-13.
Insiders confirmed on Friday that the rating board has now given This Means War a PG-13.
The film follows the travails of two seasoned government operatives and best friends who turn their skills against one another after falling for the same woman. Timothy Dowling and Simon Kinberg wrote the script.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game