Fox Loses Appeal to Overturn R-Rating on 'This Means War'
The Reese Witherspoon, Chris Pine and Tom Hardy comedy received the restrictive rating for "some sexual content."
The Classification and Rating Appeals Board on Thursday upheld the R rating bestowed McG's comedy This Means War, which 20th Century Fox opens on Valentine's Day.
This Means War -- starring Reese Witherspoon, Chris Pine and Tom Hardy -- was assigned the restrictive rating for "some sexual content." Fox was appealing in the hopes of lowering the rating to PG-13.
The appeals board reached its decision after hearing statements from Ted Gagliano, president of feature post production for Fox. The Classification and Rating Administration, which administers movie ratings on behalf of the Motion Picture Association of America and the National Organization of Theater Owners, was represented by chairman Joan Graves.
This Means War follows the travails of two seasoned government operatives and best friends who turn their skills against one another after falling for the same woman. Timothy Dowling and Simon Kinberg wrote the script.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Alexz Johnson Living "American Dream;" Pace & Revi and a Bicoastal "Hurricane"
- 'Game Of Thrones' Co-Star Reveals Lena Headey Had 'Mixed Feelings' About That Controversial Rape Scene
- Givin' 'Em Hell and Heaven: Conversations With Joe Satriani and Sebastian Bach
- Angel Haze Slams Homophobia In Hip-Hop, Discusses Sexuality
- Shantel VanSanten Leaves the 'Gang' Behind for Night of Music!
- Neil Patrick Harris Gets Support From Partner David Burtka at Opening Night of 'Hedwig and the Angry Inch'!
- 'Frozen' Soundtrack Nabs Its Biggest Sales Week, Stays at Number 1 for 11th Week
- Reese Witherspoon is All About Peeps in Her Easter Baskets!