'This Week' EP Jon Banner Leaves ABC News for PepsiCo
The 15-time Emmy winner departs his longtime home for a job in the consumer goods giant's communications team.
Veteran ABC News executive producer Jon Banner's return to This Week was not a long one.
The 44-year-old, who came back to the show he ran from 2000 to 2003 in January, has taken a new position at PepsiCo. A 15-time Emmy winner, Banner has been with ABC News for more than 20 years, notably serving as EP on both This Week and ABC World News.
He'll hold the position of SVP of global strategy and planning on PepsiCo's communications team when he joins the company after Labor Day.
“Jon understands today’s media landscape as well as anyone and knows how to create smart communications strategies across all forms of media,” read a statement from PepsiCo communications EVP Jim Wilkinson.
Banner returned to This Week in January when George Stephanopoulos took over the the Sunday morning news show's desk from Christiane Amanpour. His last broadcast will be this Sunday.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR