Thom Beers Poised to be FremantleMedia North America CEO
A formal announcement is expected to come this week naming the prolific reality series producer will follow Cecile Frot-Coutaz at the helm of the company.
Thom Beers is poised to become CEO of FremantleMedia North America.
A formal announcement naming the prolific unscripted producer behind Storage Wars, Ice Road Truckers, 1000 Ways to Die and Deadliest Catch is expected to come this week, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Beers would follow Cecile Frot-Coutaz, who in July was promoted to CEO of FremantleMedia North America's production arm RTL Group.
FremantleMedia North America currently has a 75 percent stake in Beers' Original Productions, where the producer remains CEO.
Frot-Coutaz was promoted July 1 at RTL, succeeding Tony Cohen in the post and relocating to London to take the helm of the company that produces American Idol.
Beers' Deadliest Catch and Ice Road Truckers have been brand-defining programs for Discovery and History, with TruTV also finding success with Black Gold.
"To me, it’s not just about the job, it’s finding a culture where there are rules and codes, heroes and villains," Beers told THRin May.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR