Thom Beers Poised to be FremantleMedia North America CEO
A formal announcement is expected to come this week naming the prolific reality series producer will follow Cecile Frot-Coutaz at the helm of the company.
Thom Beers is poised to become CEO of FremantleMedia North America.
A formal announcement naming the prolific unscripted producer behind Storage Wars, Ice Road Truckers, 1000 Ways to Die and Deadliest Catch is expected to come this week, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Beers would follow Cecile Frot-Coutaz, who in July was promoted to CEO of FremantleMedia North America's production arm RTL Group.
FremantleMedia North America currently has a 75 percent stake in Beers' Original Productions, where the producer remains CEO.
Frot-Coutaz was promoted July 1 at RTL, succeeding Tony Cohen in the post and relocating to London to take the helm of the company that produces American Idol.
Beers' Deadliest Catch and Ice Road Truckers have been brand-defining programs for Discovery and History, with TruTV also finding success with Black Gold.
"To me, it’s not just about the job, it’s finding a culture where there are rules and codes, heroes and villains," Beers told THRin May.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead