'Criminal Minds' Star Thomas Gibson Arrested on Suspicion of DUI (Report)
The actor was taken into custody early Sunday in Los Angeles after driving through a barricade set up for an overnight half-marathon.
Thomas Gibson was arrested in downtown Los Angeles early Sunday morning for suspicion of driving under the influence, TMZ reported.
The actor, best known for his roles on Criminal Minds and Dharma & Greg, was taken into custody and booked into the Los Angeles Central Jail after he drove through a barricade blocking streets off for an overnight half-marathon, a traffic sergeant told City News Service.
Gibson, 50, was reportedly intially stopped for trying to drive through the barricade set up for the inaugural "New Year's Race -- Los Angeles at Night," which started at 9 p.m. However, officers smelled alcohol on his breath and arrested him at 1:37 a.m. after he refused to take a breathalizer test.
His bail was set at $15,000.
Incidentally, Gibson's Dharma co-star Jenna Elfman was in Pasadena on Sunday talking up her new comedy 1600 Penn during NBC's portion of the Television Critics Association winter press tour.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack