'Thor: The Dark World' to Get International Imax Release on Oct. 30
The Marvel sequel will be digitally remastered in 3D and rolled out overseas before its Nov. 8 debut in the U.S.
TORONTO -- Imax is set to digitally supersize Marvel's Thor: The Dark World and screen the Chris Hemsworth starrer internationally from Oct. 30, before Disney launches a U.S. theatrical release Nov. 8.
The deal with The Walt Disney Company calls for the sequel to the Marvel comic book film to be released in Imax's 3D format.
Greg Foster, CEO of Imax Entertainment and senior executive vp of Imax Corp., said the giant screen exhibitor welcomed continuing its long-standing partnership with Marvel and Disney with the Thor film franchise.
In the latest installment, Hemsworth returns as Thor to protect Jane Foster, played by Natalie Portman, with Anthony Hopkins, Tom Hiddleston, Stellan Skarsgard, Idris Elba and Kat Dennings returning to reprise their roles.
Thor: The Dark World is directed by Alan Taylor and produced by Kevin Feige.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR