'Thor: The Dark World' to Get International Imax Release on Oct. 30
The Marvel sequel will be digitally remastered in 3D and rolled out overseas before its Nov. 8 debut in the U.S.
TORONTO -- Imax is set to digitally supersize Marvel's Thor: The Dark World and screen the Chris Hemsworth starrer internationally from Oct. 30, before Disney launches a U.S. theatrical release Nov. 8.
The deal with The Walt Disney Company calls for the sequel to the Marvel comic book film to be released in Imax's 3D format.
Greg Foster, CEO of Imax Entertainment and senior executive vp of Imax Corp., said the giant screen exhibitor welcomed continuing its long-standing partnership with Marvel and Disney with the Thor film franchise.
In the latest installment, Hemsworth returns as Thor to protect Jane Foster, played by Natalie Portman, with Anthony Hopkins, Tom Hiddleston, Stellan Skarsgard, Idris Elba and Kat Dennings returning to reprise their roles.
Thor: The Dark World is directed by Alan Taylor and produced by Kevin Feige.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer, 'X-Men' Director, Calls Suit A 'Sick, Twisted Shakedown'
- The Club 47 Folk Revival Explores the Iconic History of Old Cambridge Folk Club
- Jack Kilmer Talks 'Palo Alto,' His Acting Career And Growing Up With Famous Parents
- Lupita Nyong'o and America's Complicated Relationship With Beauty