'Thor' Earns $3.3 Million in Midnight Opening Friday
The summer’s first superhero pic is on track to open north of $60 million for the weekend.
Paramount and Marvel Studios’ summer tentpole Thor grossed a $3.3 million in Thursday midnight runs, giving the 3D pic a great shot at earning north of $60 million for the weekend, and even $70 million.
Thor played in approximately 1,800 locations. Today, the movie moves into a total of 3,955 theaters, including a major Imax assault.
Last weekend, Universal's Fast Five grossed $3.7 million in midnight runs on its way to grossing $86 million for the weekend. However, Fast Five had the advantage of being part of a franchise, while Thor is an unproven property on the bigscreen.
Directed by Kenneth Branagh, Thor stars Chris Hemsworth as the Mighty Thor. Natalie Portman, Stellan Skarsgard, Kat Dennings, Idris Elba and Rene Russo also star.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofía Vergara Reveals Who She Dresses Up For (VIDEO)
- Before The Beat Drops: Heavy English's 'Black Dog' Brings Back Gritty, Bluesy Rock 'N' Roll
- Watch The First Promo For Fox's Controversial New Reality Dating Show 'I Wanna Marry Harry'
- Chelsea Handler Breaks Silence On That Infamous Instagram Photo And Why Network TV Isn't For Her
- Did You Catch the Coen Brothers Easter Egg in Fargo?
- Julie Klausner Talks to Billy Eichner About Billy on the Street, Mayim Bialik, and Getting Fuse to Agree to ‘Ask a Squirter’
- Watch Nick Kroll, Paul Scheer, and NBA Stars Live-Read Space Jam
- Four Scandal Actors Pick Their Characters’ Favorite Monologues