THR Heat Index
Charting the week's ups and downs in the business of entertainment.
UP: Leslie Moonves
The mogul celebrates a 52-week stock high for CBS, the second-best performer on the S&P 500 since the market hit bottom in 2009.
DOWN: Eddie Murphy
The actor's A Thousand Words, which reportedly cost about $70 million to make, scores a rare zero percent rating on Rotten Tomatoes and flops with a poor $6.2 million opening.
UP: Wes Anderson
The director scores the opening-night slot at the Cannes Film Festival for his dramedy Moonrise Kingdom. Can it replicate the success of last year's opener, Midnight in Paris?
DOWN: Rebekah Brooks
The former News International chief and Murdoch confidante is arrested for a second time as part of the widening phone-hacking probe in the U.K.
UP: Carmike Cinemas (CKEC)
Theater owner's fourth-quarter revenue gain of 3 percent to $120 million and $1.7 million net income exceeded expectations.
DOWN: Pandora Media (P)
After the web radio company's lackluster quarter, BTIG analyst Richard Greenfield reiterates its stock is worth just $3.75 a share.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game