THR Nominees Night 2014: Karen O Performs 'Her' Song, 'Maps'
The Yeah Yeah Yeahs frontwoman took the stage with a guitarist to sing the Oscar-nominated track she wrote with Spike Jonze, plus one of her band's iconic hits.
Yeah Yeah Yeahs singer Karen O was the featured performer at The Hollywood Reporter's Nominees Night on Monday at Spago.
Accompanied solely by guitarist Imaad Wasif, she took the stage and sang a heartfelt rendition of "The Moon Song," the Oscar-nominated track that she and director Spike Jonze wrote for Her.
Karen O dedicated "The Moon Song" to Jonze and "everyone here who's been a part of Her," calling the movie, which is up for five Oscars, an "amazing film."
Jonze, who wrote the lyrics to "The Moon Song," which is nominated for best original song, was in the audience and watched her performance contemplatively, smiling and applauding at one point.
After her rendition of that track, Karen O performed Yeah Yeah Yeahs' hit "Maps."
Noting this was the first time she'd performed that song without her bandmates, Karen O dedicated it to them "and all you lovers in the crowd tonight."
She concluded her performance by slowly placing her microphone against her heart.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR