THR Reviews 'Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides,' 'Midnight in Paris' More
Wondering which film to go see this weekend? Check out what THR's critics say about the movies opening Friday.
On Friday, Johnny Depp is back for his fourth adventure as Captain Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, which has a new director, Rob Marshall, and new co-star, Penelope Cruz.
Meanwhile, Owen Wilson and Rachel McAdams star in Woody Allen's Midnight in Paris, a comedy about a successful Hollywood screenwriter who meets his literary heroes, including Pablo Picasso and Man Ray, while on vacation with his wife in Paris.
Those are just two of several new titles that moviegoers can choose from this weekend.
See what The Hollywood Reporter's critics have to say about the films below and find out how they're expected to perform at the weekend box office.
Bottom Line: Woody’s in good form and Paris looks glorious in this droll time-traveling fantasy
Bottom Line: Social realism commercially coated by a stripper-club backdrop will confuse audiences and dampen prospects.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR