THR Unveils Top 10 Power Women in Entertainment
The Hollywood Reporter unveils on Wednesday its 21st annual ranking of the Top 100 Women in Entertainment.
Anne Sweeney, co-chairman, Disney Media Networks; president, Disney/ABC Television, secures the No. 1 spot for the third consecutive year, while cover subject Nancy Dubuc, recently named president of entertainment and media at A+E Networks, comes in at No. 7.
The Top 10 are revealed here, while the complete list will be released at 10 a.m. PT.
1. Anne Sweeney: co-chairman, Disney Media Networks; president, Disney/ABC Television
2. Bonnie Hammer: chairman, NBC Universal Cable Entertainment and Cable Studios
3. Amy Pascal: co-chairman, Sony Pictures Entertainment
4. Abbe Raven: president and CEO, A+E Networks
5. Dana Walden: co-chairman, 20th Century Fox Television
6. Nina Tassler: president, CBS Entertainment
7. Nancy Dubuc: president of entertainment and media, A+E Networks
8. Donna Langley: co-chairman, Universal Pictures
9. Kathleen Kennedy: president, Lucasfilm
10. Sue Kroll: president of worldwide marketing, Warner Bros. Pictures
Honorees will join fellow Hollywood females at a breakfast in their honor at 8 a.m. PT at the Beverly Hills Hotel. There, Diane Keaton will be presented with the Sherry Lansing Leadership Award and Mindy Kaling, Kerry Washington and Sandra Fluke will give remarks.
For the Power 100 issue, editors based their selections on the following: revenue generated for their companies, valuation of assets, number of employees overseen, influence within the film and television industries, ability to get projects greenlighted or proximity to greenlight power, general standing and reputation within the entertainment community.