Three 6 Mafia Rapper Shot in Las Vegas
Crunchy Black, an ex-member of the Oscar-winning group behind the "Hustle & Flow" hit "It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp," is currently hospitalized.
A former member of the Oscar-winning rap group Three 6 Mafia was shot July 3 and hospitalized in Las Vegas, Hip-Hop Weekly reports.
Crunchy Black (nee Darnell Carlton) sustained at least one gunshot wound, his manager Vanessa Jackson confirmed. A photo of the Southern rapper in a Vegas hospital bed also was released (see above). He is expected to make a full recovery.
Three 6 Mafia came to prominence in 2005 when the group won a best original song Oscar for "It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp," from Hustle & Flow. In the film, stars Terrence Howard and Taraji P. Henson perform the song, but the group also had its moment at the 78th Annual Academy Awards in 2006 when they took the stage to deliver their unexpected breakout hit.
It was the second hip-hop song to win an Oscar after Eminem's "Lose Yourself" from the 2002 movie 8 Mile.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Christopher Meloni on Surviving Jack, Surviving Dinosaurs, and Why His Oz Character Was Revolutionary
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills