Three 6 Mafia Rapper Shot in Las Vegas
Crunchy Black, an ex-member of the Oscar-winning group behind the "Hustle & Flow" hit "It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp," is currently hospitalized.
A former member of the Oscar-winning rap group Three 6 Mafia was shot July 3 and hospitalized in Las Vegas, Hip-Hop Weekly reports.
Crunchy Black (nee Darnell Carlton) sustained at least one gunshot wound, his manager Vanessa Jackson confirmed. A photo of the Southern rapper in a Vegas hospital bed also was released (see above). He is expected to make a full recovery.
Three 6 Mafia came to prominence in 2005 when the group won a best original song Oscar for "It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp," from Hustle & Flow. In the film, stars Terrence Howard and Taraji P. Henson perform the song, but the group also had its moment at the 78th Annual Academy Awards in 2006 when they took the stage to deliver their unexpected breakout hit.
It was the second hip-hop song to win an Oscar after Eminem's "Lose Yourself" from the 2002 movie 8 Mile.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera