Three European Directors to Participate in The Jeonju Digital Project
Jean-Marie Strauband, Claire Denis and Jose Luis Guerin to screen their 30-minute digital films.
SEOUL -- Three European directors will participate in “Jeonju Digital Project,” a special program by the Jeonju International Film Festival featuring 30-minute digital films by well-known filmmakers.
This year’s program features three directors -- Jean-Marie Strauband, Claire Denis and Jose Luis Guerin. Strauband is nicknamed “a militant of modern cinema" while Denis is known for her richly textural films and Guerin for exploring mysteries of life.
Previous participants of the section have included Japan's Nobuhiro Suwa, Philippine's Lav Diaz and Korea's Hong Sang-soo.
The Jeonju Digital Project specializes in screening digital shorts and experimental films.
Since 2007, the festival has extended the boundary of the Digital Project to include directors from Europe and Africa.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game