Three join Mel Gibson's 'Edge of Darkness'
Huston, Roberts and Novakovic added to thriller
Danny Huston, Shawn Roberts and Bojana Novakovic have joined the Mel Gibson thriller "Edge of Darkness." Martin Campbell is directing the movie, which is being produced by Graham King and Michael Wearing.
GK Films is financing.
"Darkness" centers on a veteran cop (Gibson) whose only grown-up child (Novakovic) is murdered on the steps of his home. The cop unearths his daughter's secret life and discovers a world of corporate cover-ups and government collusion. Huston takes on the role of a shady businessman while Roberts will play the role of the daughter's distraught boyfriend.
Robert De Niro is also in the film, cast as a CIA cleaner.
Lensing is due to start later this month on location in Massachusetts. William Monahan and Andrew Bovell wrote the screenplay.
Huston just completed shooting Fox's "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" and will next be seen in "How to Lose Friends & Alienate People." He is repped by ICM and Evolution Entertainment.
Serbian born and Ozzie-raised Novakovic, repped by CAA and Management 360, will be seen in Sam Raimi's "Drag Me to Hell" as well as the Will Smith-starrer "Seven Pounds."
Canadian Roberts recently completed filming a lead role in Fox Atomic's "I Love You, Beth Cooper" for Chris Columbus and appeared in "George A. Romero's Diary of the Dead." He is repped by Gersh, Characters Talent, and Wright Entertainment.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills