'The Three Musketeers' Releases Opening 5 Minutes Online (Video)
Summit targets weekend audiences with a complimentary look at the film's opening scenes.
If it's any consolation to Milla Jovovich, Summit Entertainment has made some effort to promote The Three Musketeers. The stateside distributor released the film's opening sequence on the eve of its Oct. 21 premiere.
Nearly five minutes of the Paul W. S. Anderson 3D interpretation of Alexandre Dumas classic are now available via Summit.
The film kicks off with a heist that introduces Athos (Matthew Macfadyen), Aramis (Luke Evans) Porthos (Ray Stevenson) and foil Milady de Winter (Jovovich).
The Hollywood Reporter's Neil Young reviewed the film in September, making note that hopes of a possible franchise don't seem likely.
"A fantastical Pirates of the Caribbean vibe is somewhat incongruously grafted on to what has always been a decidedly earthbound tale of sword-play and derring-do in early 18th-century Europe," writes Young, "and while the strength of this long-established cultural brand remains potent, it's unlikely to translate into a money-spinning franchise along Pirate lines."
For its part, The Three Musketeers' global box office haul recently topped the $50 million mark.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR