THR's 35 Most Powerful People in Media Get Personal During Photo Shoot (Video)
Charlie Rose reveals secrets of "CBS This Morning" while Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan talk about why Dolly Parton is their favorite interview to date.
The powerful have spoken.
In a behind-the-scenes look at photo shoots for The Hollywood Reporter’s 35 Most Powerful People in Media, a number of influential individuals share the secrets of their success.
Charlie Rose says he and his colleagues wanted to “reimagine the morning” with CBS This Morning. Norah O'Donnell says they are focused on doing stories that interest them and “putting on a good show every day.”
“If it happens that some of our competitors end up doing the same story as us several days later, that’s gratifying that we moved in the right direction,” O'Donnell says.
When prompted to discuss off-the-record comments from executives at rival networks admitting to watching This Morning, Gayle King confirmed people also told her that privately. But she declined to name names. “No I’m not giving names. We’re not crazy,” she says.
Live! With Kelly and Michael co-hosts Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan revealed why Dolly Parton was a great interview.
“I asked her ‘what’s the first thing you do when you wake up?’ She said, ‘I put on my clothes and go home.’ I thought that was good,” Strahan says.
Elsewhere, Conde Nast Entertainment president Dawn Ostroff, who recently moved from Los Angeles to New York, says “the energy is very different” in the Big Apple: “The industry has a very different vibe here than it does in L.A.”
Asked what the most outrageous question reporters have posed, Vice’s Tom Freston says he’s been asked if his hair is real.
THR unveiled its list of 35 Most Powerful People in Media in its most recent edition of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)