THR's Directors Roundtable
Six top directors discuss vision, battling with actors and the MPAA.
Which sex scenes did the MPAA force Lisa Cholodenko to cut for The Kids Are All Right? Why hasn’t Peter Weir made a studio film since 2003? And does David O. Russell really regret feuding with George Clooney on the set of Three Kings? Those were among the hot topics at the final roundtable in The Hollywood Reporter’s annual series. Cholodenko, Weir (The Way Back), Russell (The Fighter), Darren Aronofsky (Black Swan), Derek Cianfrance (Blue Valentine) and Tom Hooper (The King’s Speech) got together Nov. 13 for an hourlong discussion at Smashbox Studios in West Hollywood.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR