THR's Next Gen Honorees Get Personal in Behind the Scenes Video
From Cara Dellaverson’s stint on “Baywatch” to Angelica McDaniel’s awkward bathroom run-in with Ozzy Osbourne, the class of 2012 shares their most memorable days on the job.
It’s official: The Hollywood Reporter has named this year’s Next Gen Class with a spread in its Nov. 16 issue and a Hollywood soiree in their honor.
Go behind the scenes of THR’s George Kotsiopoulos-styled photo shoot, held on Stage 11 at the 20th Century Fox lot, as Ben Cotner (senior vp acquisitions at Open Road Film), Cara Dellaverson ( vp television development and current programming at Lionsgate), Michael Kives (CAA agent), Angelica McDaniel (senior vp daytime at CBS Entertainment) and more recall their craziest days on the job and the first people they called after learning they’d earned a spot on THR’s coveted list.
“I was a PA on Baywatch, and they needed more extras for one of the scenes,” recalls Dellaverson of her early career days. “So they threw me in as one of the girls hitting on David Hasselhoff’s son, Hobie (Jeremy Jackson). So I was a gyrating teenage girl trying to make eyes at him at a party.”
Kives, who worked for Bill Clinton, reveals that the former president sometimes mixed up his career aspirations.
“The whole time I worked for him I used to tell him that I really wanted to be an agent one day,” says Kives, “and he would always look at me and say: ‘You want to be a Secret Service agent? Why would you do that?’ And I said: ‘No, sir. Not that type of agent.’”
For more from the honorees, including that time Ozzy Osbourne walked in on McDaniel in the bathroom – watch the video above.
For the complete list, click here.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10