THR's Must-Reads of the Week: Keith Olbermann's Return to ESPN, L.A. Lakers' Jeanie and Jim Buss
A look back at the week that was in entertainment.
Between industry dinners, premiere parties and countless meetings, here's what you may have missed this week in entertainment news.
Cover Story: In this week's issue of The Hollywood Reporter, TV editor, east coast Marisa Guthrie reveals the dramatic story behind Keith Olbermann's return to ESPN -- including who he apologized to, and what he really thinks about Al Gore. Also appearing on the four covers shot for this week's Sports Issue are L.A. Dodgers' Yasiel Puig, Olympic athlete Lindsey Vonn and Oklahoma City Thunder star Kevin Durant.
Emmy Season: THR's staff editors talk to eight nominated showrunners and writers in the drama and comedy categories who tell THR about the scenes that kept them up at night. THR's awards analyst Scott Feinberg centers on the nominees up for Supporting Actors and Actresses in a Drama.
L.A. Lakers Dynasty: Since Jerry Buss' death in February, his son and daughter Jim and Jeanie Buss speak out for the first time in a profile that highlights their complicated relationship and the plan to reboot the legendary team.
Female Sports Reporters: From Fox College Saturday host Erin Andrews to ESPN's Hannah Storm, female sports reporters discuss how it's never been easy getting into the industry, but it's always been worth it.
TV Review: THR's TV critic Allison Keene writes that Syfy's Heroes of Cosplay "does an excellent job of explaining in detail the processes and motivations of its nine costumers, who represent a range of ranks within the cosplay world."
Film Review: THR chief film critic Todd McCarthy describes Lee Daniels' The Butler as "a sort of Readers' Digest overview of the 20th century American civil rights movement centered on an ordinary individual with an extraordinary perspective."
News in Review:
TV in Review:
Film in Review:
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofía Vergara Reveals Who She Dresses Up For (VIDEO)
- Before The Beat Drops: Heavy English's 'Black Dog' Brings Back Gritty, Bluesy Rock 'N' Roll
- Watch The First Promo For Fox's Controversial New Reality Dating Show 'I Wanna Marry Harry'
- Chelsea Handler Breaks Silence On That Infamous Instagram Photo And Why Network TV Isn't For Her
- Did You Catch the Coen Brothers Easter Egg in Fargo?
- Julie Klausner Talks to Billy Eichner About Billy on the Street, Mayim Bialik, and Getting Fuse to Agree to ‘Ask a Squirter’
- Watch Nick Kroll, Paul Scheer, and NBA Stars Live-Read Space Jam
- Four Scandal Actors Pick Their Characters’ Favorite Monologues