THR's Summer Box Office Award
Superheroes soared, movie stars struggled and a trash-talking bear battled Channing Tatum's abs as a dip in overall grosses puts Hollywood on edge.
Labor Day bought sobering news for Holly- wood: Summer moviegoing in North America was at its lowest level in at least 20 years, while revenue ($4.27 billion) was down 3 percent from a record $4.4 billion in 2011. Here's a look at what worked and what didn't (grosses are worldwide).
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR