THR's Todd McCarthy Ranks Oliver Stone's Movies
With the release of "Savages," The Hollywood Reporter's chief critic ranks the works of the director whose feature films have made Hollywood history.
Oliver Stone has been a major force in Hollywood for a quarter-century, during which time he's made 19 feature films and numerous documentaries, as well as the epic series The Untold History of the United States, which is finally due to be shown this year.
Following is a ranking of Stone's features, from most to least (more applicable, somehow, in his case, than best to worst), minus his first two getting-into-the-game efforts, Seizure and The Hand, which, in ambition and achievement, stand quite apart from his subsequent work; just as Otto Preminger disregarded everything he made prior to Laura, Stone would just as soon ignore these as well.
Check out the rankings here.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR