THR's Todd McCarthy Ranks Oliver Stone's Movies
With the release of "Savages," The Hollywood Reporter's chief critic ranks the works of the director whose feature films have made Hollywood history.
Oliver Stone has been a major force in Hollywood for a quarter-century, during which time he's made 19 feature films and numerous documentaries, as well as the epic series The Untold History of the United States, which is finally due to be shown this year.
Following is a ranking of Stone's features, from most to least (more applicable, somehow, in his case, than best to worst), minus his first two getting-into-the-game efforts, Seizure and The Hand, which, in ambition and achievement, stand quite apart from his subsequent work; just as Otto Preminger disregarded everything he made prior to Laura, Stone would just as soon ignore these as well.
Check out the rankings here.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'