THX Unveils Media Director for Content
THX aims to help consumers and professionals who are frustrated with the growing array of content types, media sources, devices and playback settings.
To do so, the company is introducing Media Director, which would operate in supported devices ranging from professional content creation to consumer playout devices. The content creation products would create information for describing specific audio and video characteristics in the content, and the consumer devices would read and act upon this information by automatically selecting the optimal settings for the content.
The result: Consumers will see and hear content at home that is faithful to the artist's creative intent.
"This provides a digital environment where pictures as well as sound could be created, distributed and rendered out to the home in the same way as the director intended," said THX senior vp Rick Dean, adding that several Hollywood studios are involved in the current testing phase.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Jem & the Holograms' Leading Cast Revealed: Aubrey Peeples, Stefanie Scott, & More!
- Novak Djokovic Expecting First Child with Fiancee Jelena Ristic!
- Suki Waterhouse Gets Leggy at the Burberry Shanghai Launch with Cara Delevingne
- Isabel Lucas is Picture Perfect with Jim Sturgess at Tribeca Film Fest!