THX Unveils Media Director for Content
THX aims to help consumers and professionals who are frustrated with the growing array of content types, media sources, devices and playback settings.
To do so, the company is introducing Media Director, which would operate in supported devices ranging from professional content creation to consumer playout devices. The content creation products would create information for describing specific audio and video characteristics in the content, and the consumer devices would read and act upon this information by automatically selecting the optimal settings for the content.
The result: Consumers will see and hear content at home that is faithful to the artist's creative intent.
"This provides a digital environment where pictures as well as sound could be created, distributed and rendered out to the home in the same way as the director intended," said THX senior vp Rick Dean, adding that several Hollywood studios are involved in the current testing phase.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Lindsay Lohan Misses Her AA Meeting, Blames Paparazzi On Premiere Of OWN Series (VIDEO)
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed